Dare to inspire: Evelyn De Morgan

Last night I was doing my usual night owlish scouring of the web when I suddenly came across........ this painting.


A little more searching and I discovered Evelyn De Morgan, a Pre-Raphaelite artist; whose work is identified by the poetic, symbolic figures bearing a deep spiritual significance.

George Frederick Watts said of Evelyn De Morgan, "I look upon her as the first woman artist of the day- if not of all time."












She painted a lot of angelic figures which surprisingly resemble some things a bit more modern...... no???


Just kidding.....

"Art is eternal, but life is short...""I will make up for it now, I have not a moment to lose" - Evelyn De Morgan
(Victoria's Secret photo courtesy- cbs.com)

Trishna
Real Time Web Analytics Creative Commons Licence
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 Canada License.