Dare to inspire: Frida Kahlo

I like unusual things, people, clothes, work of art, furniture and the list goes on. However, some of these things affect me more profoundly than others and months after my first encounter with them I find them haunting my dreams, my visions. What is inspiration if it is not this??

Frida Kahlo, is such an everlasting source of life to me. Her work is dark, dangerous and yet portrays her life, pain, dreams and heartache unlike anything else. Her story is a true story of a fighter, a rebel, a visionary who was a style icon in her own ways. Today's post is an ode to her.

 

"The only thing I know...is that I paint because I need to."

"I paint self-portraits because I am so often alone... because I am the subject I know best."

  

"I've done my paintings well, not quickly but patiently, and they have a message of pain in them..."



  
 

Do you have an inspirational figure who keeps recurring in your visions??
Real Time Web Analytics Creative Commons Licence
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 Canada License.