Lakme India Fashion Week Summer-Resort 2010: Edition I

One of my main goals for starting this blog was to share with my international readers some of the local talents I grew up admiring. The Lakme India Fashion week gave me the perfect opportunity to share my love by showcasing once again outstanding collections from the new and established design maestros in the Indian subcontinent.

First up is Anita Dongre, her collection reflects her love for Jaipur, an ancient Indian city extraordinarily rich in culture and art. In the collections called "Jaipur Again" Anita blends her love for the beauty of Jaipur with a contemporary white palette, resulting in garments which are minimalistic in simple silhouettes and pastels but unabashedly rich in their materials and motifs of Rajasthani architecture. Personally I believe the clothes have the potential to transform the wearer into an exotic princess.


The next designer I admire is Anupama Dayal, the wonder woman of Indian fashion whose designs have been voted as standouts by Style.com, Elle and JC Penny. Vogue UK has granted her the title of ‘London’s New Best Friend’. Through her work she longs to achieve an international look for an Indian soul. For this collection she drew inspirations from the vibrant city of Jaisalmar in India as well as the resort paradise of Ibiza blending them into a breathtaking kaleidoscope of colors. I often use the term "Indian royalty meets Arabian nights" to describe my dream style- which is the theme translated effortlessly into this collection.


Finally Babita Malkani's boho chic collection was a tribute to the monasteries and architecture of the beautiful South Asian country of Bhutan. The collection was composed of hand woven fabrics, in a rainbow of colors. What I loved about this collection was the fuss free silhouettes and the pure organic feel of the materials apart from, of course, the vibrant hues.


That's all for today. Stay tuned for more and enjoy your weekend.

Love

Trishna
Image Courtesy: Lakme India Fashion Week official website
Real Time Web Analytics Creative Commons Licence
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 Canada License.