Lakme India Fashion Week Summer-Resort 2010: Edition III

Dear readers, I just wanted to thank all of you for following me and leaving your delightful comments. I love reading through them so much and each time I see another one waiting on my dashboard it automatically brings a smile to my face. :)

I am almost bouncing right now to tell you that I finally went ahead and created a Mode Republic account. It's almost like Chictopia but has only started two months ago. The girls behind this are so helpful, you can't imagine. The photo uploading had a size limit of 2 MB so I was having trouble uploading my looks, but one email and two days later they let me know now the size limit is 20 MB. Is that not the best form of client appreciation ever!!! I loved it and will be keeping it updated regularly. It would be wonderful if you choose to become a fan, or leave your links in the comment section below if you want me in your fan base. :) 

Today I went to the farewell dinner arranged for me by my ex colleagues, for a fabulous evening of Samosa, Pakora, Paneer, Alu stuffed Naans and mouthwatering gravy, followed by my first ever plant and loads of chocolatey goodness. It felt so good to be with a bunch of people who are not only great to work with but are so nice as individuals. I will miss each of them terribly. Blessed by the good weather I also took lot's of fun outfit shots today but that will come later. Now onto the post.

Today I am posting the final installment of the Lakme India Fashion Week Summer Resort 2010. There are so many talented designers out there, with collections exhibiting craftsmanship of the most superior kind and I am so sorry that I was not able to feature them all, but I am just happy I could feature the ones whom I absolutely loved and I hope you loved them too, at least as much as I did, if not more.

This time I want to start off with Sabyasachi, a designer who is Bengali, just like me and believes in this simple design philosophy  - one's attire should always be an extension of their persona. For his collection he drew inspirations from Sudan and Ghana for an African, tribal look; from the mid 70's United States underground scene and finally from the posh Parisian clubs in the 1920's. In short the viewer experienced a global journey through the wonderful creations of Sabyasachi.


In a world filled with excesses, Vikram Phadnis definitely presents a bold statement with the simple, clean lines of his creations which are ever so perfect for transitioning from the ramp to everyday life. His line, which is especially created to make the wearer look sultry in the hot and humid weather is also designed with the wearer's daily life in mind , fortifying the simplicity and practicality of the collection. 


Suneet Varma is a name that stands for glamor and luxury, with his creations adorning royalty and the glittering stars of celluloid; Suneet's name is written in golden letters in the history of Indian fashion. So it was more than appropriate that his most spectacular show was the grand finale for LIFW 2010. Against the backdrop of a glittering Spanish mansion, Suneet presented his dream of a collection, called Nightfever, which consisted of five segments: "Colour my world", "Call of the wild", "Pucchi prints", "Preppy argyle" and "The bold and the beautiful".


Photo courtesy: Lakme India Fashion Week website
With that my friends ends this three part review. I am so excited because Toronto Fashion Week ended today and I have quite a few favorites I can't wait to share with you all.In the mean time keep reading everyone and have a Happy Easter as well as a fantastic long weekend.

Love

Trishna
Real Time Web Analytics Creative Commons Licence
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 Canada License.