Toronto Fashion Week Fall Winter 2010

OK. I know I am a bit....umm late in this review and everyone has already seen the looks sent down by Canadian designers earlier this month but better late than never, right! This one post is by no means enough to represent the plethora of talents that who showcased their collections late last week, but it just encompasses my inspirational favorites.

This fashion week actually surprised me a bit, because it was the first Toronto fashion week that I consciously followed, analyzed and dissected. And I liked, loved what I saw.

I have known about Lucian Matis since his Project Runway Canada days and he was undoubtedly once again proven a master of his craft.Looking at his collection I almost felt like I was transported to an Edwardian era and was in a kind of Romanian folklore with gorgeously dressed Gypsy ladies. It was too much to take in but was very intricate, displayed extreme levels of craftsmanship and was very very beautiful. And the coats, oh my! Can I please have one of those come this winter??


I agree with Torontonians when it comes to Pat McDonagh. This is a lady we all love. Her collection while it might not cater to everyone's style palettes, definitely spoke to me. What's not to like?? Soothing but oh so gorgeous whites, military and circus trainer chic in red and black. I wish I could be there to take part in her standing ovation. Love you Pat.


Last but by no means the least is Gaudet. The designer duo Norm and Gio Gaudet mystifies with yet another collection of their mind blowing outerwear. Their collection was a kaleidoscope of colors and beautiful artistry. What I wouldn't do to own one of those wearable pieces of art!!! Please do check out their full collection here.


With that ends my review of the Toronto Fashion Week Fall Winter 2010. I am all revved up and ready to go for next fall. How about you??

Photo Courtesy: blogto.com and Gaudet

Love

Trishna
Real Time Web Analytics Creative Commons Licence
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 Canada License.