Lakme India Fashion Week Winter festive 2010 Part I

It's the time of the year again when I bring to you the mind blowing sartorial goodness straight form the catwalks of legendary Indian designers in Lakme India Fashion Week.Now the fashion week in India work quite differently than here in the northern hemisphere. There the collection showed in Fall is called the Winter-Festive collection because Fall-Winter is the season for various religious festivals, weddings and award ceremonies in the film and music industries. 

I am breaking down my favorite designers from this fashion week in a number of posts. First up I have the Gen next designers, newbies of the fashion industry whose labels are either just coming out or have been out for a very short time. Enjoy......

Deconstruction had never looked more fashionable than when the design twins Riddhi and Siddhi presented their collection inspired by the work of legendary architect Daniel Liebskind. My most favourite part was the mini pocket edged collars, sleeves and hemlines as well as the origami side pockets, exaggerated shoulders and beautifully constructed bubble skirts. 





My next favourite is the mother daughter duo Pragya and Megha Samor.  Pragya is a self taught designer while Megha is a young design grad. Together they create the perfect ethnic inspired eclectic westernwear. The collection called "The Daily Rag featured a very intelligently used newsprint motif splashed all over. To me their designs looked very much like an Indian incarnation of Betsy Johnson, with the use of vibrant colours, eclectic cuts and draping, that will definitely appeal to the young, bold and beautiful.






I don't really feature men's wear here, but the next collection by Fazal Mahmood and Akanksha Arora, recent graduates from NIFT just called my name in a very unexpected way. Their goal was to create a collection that was wearable but way above the dreary ensembles sported by men everyday, I say they have successfully achieved that goal. What do you think?



 

Stay tuned for Part II......

Show me some love around the web
Follow me on Twitter
Like my page on Facebook

Thanks folks! :)


 


Real Time Web Analytics Creative Commons Licence
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 Canada License.