Lakme India Fashion Week Winter festive 2010 Part II

So I am back with the next installment from a fashion week across seven seas. Ladies and gentlemen let me present to you, my favorite emerging designers (label existence 3-5 years) from Lakme India Fashion Week Winter Festive 2010.


Brides, who want nothing more than originality in their wedding garbs, wait no more because Vijay Balhara is here with his “Bridal Renaissance” collection for the 21st century girl. This collection saw the revival of the centuries old hand-woven Mashru silk from Gujrat, which was used along with other luxurious fabrics to create a collection fit for the royalties of Punjab, Cooch Behar and Rajputana whose extravagant style influenced this collection.




Next up I have some show stopping creations by Sougat Paul's label Soup, who mixed traditional colours and motifs and turned out exceptional cocktail wear. Personally I did not think the collection was very coherent, but that does not make the pieces any less drool worthy. :)







Smriti Gupta's collection was one of my most favourites from this set of designers. It's amazing what this young designer did with plaids and just a few shades of colour (my all time favorites btw). Also these are some creations I could totally see one of my favourite bloggers Barbro sporting.







Purvi Doshi's collection named "Bheed Bhaad", which means crowd is the exact item one needs to stand out in a crowd. The colour, techniques and materials used in the collection of this self taught designer was 100% Indian, but together they managed to crate a symphony on the runway that was as international as it can be.









So how did you like this installment, dear friends?

Show me some love around the web

Follow me on Twitter
Like my page on Facebook

Thanks folks!!!!
Real Time Web Analytics Creative Commons Licence
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 Canada License.