Fall 2011 updates

This fall, I've probably had to adopt a stricter budget than ever, what's with one course needing six textbooks and the astronomical prices of literally disposable textbooks let's just say frivolous shopping has been the last thing on my mind. It was out of sadness that I decided, since I can't shop for fancy fripperies to my heart's content, I would devote all my meager savings and birthday gift money towards purchasing some quality basics that will stand the test of passing trends and time. You know the kind I am talking about, items that are not very very fun to shop for but makes your closet stretch by about an extra mile.

Any way, I made a list of about 13 items as a rough goal for this Fall - Winter. So far I have two heavenly organic cotton boat neck tee shirts from Zara, black and Breton striped, very sensual but utterly nonchalant. A croc embossed vintage black leather belt with a shiny gold buckle. An exquisite ivory button down and a perfect Little Black Dress both from Anthropologie. Sturdy little heeled black brogues from....who would have thought...Aldo!!! And.........last but not the least ........in fact my most significant acquisition to date..........my FRYE Carson boots, a splurge, but as probably the only pair of walkable boots in the world that make my legs look LONGER.....they are worth every single shiny copper penny.


Refined scallops button up, Anthropologie; Noon & night dress, Anthropologie; Kendzior brogues, Aldo; Carson pull on boots, Frye; Organic cotton t-shirt Breton stripe & Black, Zara

I'm so happy....these apparently non-trendy and simple purchases give me endless combinations to play with; making dressing for school fun again. I would have never thought that what I had considered a restraining strategy would pay off so nicely. 

Are you shopping for anything specific this Fall-Winter?
Real Time Web Analytics Creative Commons Licence
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 Canada License.